Can I have a secondary suite in my home?

Yes, only if you are in the R2 Residential Zoning District. You must first apply for discretionary use. Please contact the Planning and Development Department stating your request for a secondary suite, along with a site plan which outlines on-site parking, building/suite plans, and elevation drawings.

As secondary suites are considered a discretionary use, final approval will be made by City Council during a regularly scheduled meeting.

Show All Answers

1. Do I require a permit?
2. Am I still able to acquire a plumbing permit from the City of Warman?
3. How long does it take to get a permit from the time I apply?
4. How long is my building permit valid?
5. I want to throw a block party. How do I apply for a temporary street closure?
6. What is the discretionary use process and how do I apply for discretionary use?
7. Can I have a secondary suite in my home?
8. Is there a penalty if I do not apply for a permit?
9. Will the city come and mark my property lines for me?
10. Can I apply for access to the park behind my lot for construction purposes?
11. Who is responsible for the cost, follow-through, etc. of permits?
12. How can I protect myself from buying a home with outstanding permits?