Curbside Organics & Organic Waste Depot
Warman Curbside Organics Compost Service
This City of Warman is now offering a Curbside Organics Service! This service will be provided by Loraas Organics and is a waste diversion program. Loraas Organics composting program is a convenient and affordable way to dispose of fruits, vegetables and plant matter without sending it to the landfill.
This service is optional and is by subscription only.
- This program will run from May 1st to October 31st annually.
- The cost to the resident is $10.00 per month ($60.00 annually). Proration will apply. Charges will be applied to the resident’s City of Warman Utility Bill.
- Pickup day will be Thursdays. Pickups will be done bi weekly by area. Pickup schedule will be posted on www.warman.ca.
- Carts must be out by 7:00 am for pickup with lids closed to prevent materials from blowing out. Over-filled carts may not be emptied. Loraas will not return for properties that did not have cart out at 7:00 am.
- These carts are for PLANT WASTE, FRUITS, VEGETABLES, COFFEE GROUNDS, FILTERS, TEA BAGS, EGG SHELLS. www.loraas.ca.
- Do not separate or bag compost items.
- Do not place liquids, proteins, dairy, fat trimmings, oils, baked goods, coffee pods, bio plastics, glass, pet waste or metal in you green cart.
- Subscription form must be completed and returned prior to receiving a green cart. Forms can be dropped off at City Hall or emailed to:
SIGN UP HERE------> SUBSCRIPTION FORM <--------
Should you have any questions on what can or cannot go into your cart, please call the experts at Loraas Organics at 306-242-2300.
Organics Waste Depot
Available from May 1st to November 1st, this depot allows for the collection of organics such as grass clippings, leaves and and small tree trimmings. The bins are located on the south side of North Railway Street East. Bins will remain in place until November 1st, unless there is a snowfall.
As these green bins are for organics ONLY, no plastic bags will be allowed in the bin. A separate red bin will be on site for the disposal of your plastic bags after emptying them into the green bin.
Please empty your compost items inside the bins. DO NOT THROW ITEMS ON THE GROUND OUTSIDE THE BINS. The waste depot is monitored, individuals found in violation of these rules will be issued a fine.
Misuse of this depot will result in fines to offenders and the removal of this service.
Public Works Manager
Warman, SK S0K 4S0
Ph: (306) 933-2388
Fax: (306) 933-1987
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
After Hour Emergencies
*For water and sewer related issues only*